Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Toffee Sandwich Cookies


I love this cookie, but it doesn't taste as good without the filling/icing, so no skimping!! 

 

 Please disregard the heavy cream in the picture, pretend its half and half.



I love butter, and sugar. who doesn't?!



 I hate packing brown sugar, who's with me? Cream butter and sugars...


and then it will look like this



Add one of the eggs and beat well




then add the second egg and beat well, raw egg skeeves me out. blah

In a small bowl combine all the dry ingredients 



Gradually add the dry mixture. 
I learned quickly that adding the whole thing at once 
will cover your kitchen in white powder, and its a real bitch to clean. 
 

  

Ok so I had a lot less than I needed but they don't taste any less delicious.
I'm pretty anal most of the time, I am trying to learn to go with the "I don't have the right ingredients" flow.



I don't promote or encourage eating raw egg, and will take no responsibility for salmonella poisoning, but this batter is delicious. I'm not saying eat it, I'm just putting it out there. I could eat this whole bowl.
 

I had to go outside, I was losing daylight. Our kitchen doesn't get very good light to begin with.

Filling/Icing

 

more butter...damn you butter. damn you.


Cream the butter and vanilla.sinful.
 

This is after GRADUALLY adding 4 cups of powdered sugar. Add half and half or milk as needed
Now take a lick. but make sure no ones looking. There's no egg in here I have no qualms with talking all of you into eating a spoonful of this. It will improve your day.




All my natural light was gone by this point, after 3 batches of cookies 
and comforting a grouchy 3 year old brother...

  

Which to him these are called swamwich cookies.
He loves swamwiches.


Ingredients
1c. Butter
1c. Packed Brown Sugar
1/2 c. Sugar
2 eggs
2 t. Vanilla
2 1/2 c. All Purpose Flour
1/2 t. Baking Soda
1/4 Salt
1 c. Toffee bits

Filling
2/3c. Butter
4 c. Powered Sugar
1 t. Vanilla
3-5 T. Milk or Half and Half

Instructions
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits.

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until firm (do not brown).

In a medium bowl, beat the butter and vanilla, then gradually add powered sugar, add tablespoons of milk or half and half as needed. Spread on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, looks good! Why didn't you bring me any?

    P.S. My blog is now:

    http://stacysaysblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delish! Stopping in from the Make-Ahead meals Cook link up!!! I'm a new blog fan! Stop in and say HI to me at Scraps of Life!
    @susieqtpies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your toffee cookies look yummy!!!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These types Diablo 3 itemsof appear delish! Ending throughout through the Make-Ahead dishes Prepare link up!!! I am a fresh blog lover! Remain in and state HI in my Cheapest wow goldexperience from Scraps associated with Life!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails