Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Spinach Artichoke Dip Redux

I have posted this recipe before, however it was before I got my big girl camera. I made some for NYE and decided to take re-do it. Plus Casey bought me a new lens for Christmas. I am still learning photography in general, but this new lens is tricky, it doesn't have auto focus. YIKES luckily Casey also bought me a photography class.

Grab a medium sauce pan. I grabbed my moms old Duncan Hines pot. It is my very favorite and is around 25 years old. Did you know Duncan Hines made pots and pans? Me either.

Chop a medium size onion. Melt 2 tablespoons for butter. 
Then throw the onion in the buttery jaccuzi and saute those suckers.
Add a few cloves of minced garlic in there.

Add 10 oz. of prepared spinach. 
(Follow the cooking directions on the box.)

All the yummy goodness.

Add the cream cheese, and mix until combined.

Drain and add can of artichokes

 Break up the artichokes with your spoon.

Add the Parmesan and combine.

Add the 4 cheese blend. Now, you can use whatever blend 
you want I use a Mexican cheese blend, it's delicious.

Tomorrow I am putting it in a bread bowl and 
I will post post a picture of the final product. 
That's what I love about appetizers or 
really any dish, you can make it ahead of time.




Ingredients
3 Tablespoons Butter
1 Medium Onion
2 garlic cloves minced
10 oz Frozen Spinach
1 Can of Artichokes (13 3/4 oz)
1 package of cream cheese (8 oz)
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
3/4 c Parmesan (3 oz)
1 package (8 oz) 4 Cheese Blend (shredded)
pita chips, bruschetta chips, panini

Instructions
Melt 3T butter, add onion and garlic. Saute until tender.
Add spinach and cook for 3 minutes over medium heat, stirring often.
Add artichoke hearts, cream cheese, mayonnaise,
Parmesan cheese, 4 cheese blend, stir until blended.
Spoon into greased baking dish, that will double as a serving piece.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes stirring often.
If desired add mozzarella on top and bake for 5-10 minutes

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails