Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

PW's Firecracker Shrimp

I know I post alot of The Pioneer Woman's recipes, but I love her. I feel like shes my cool hip aunt, I cant describe my PW obsession, her food, her writing, her photography --she is everything I aspire to be. Maybe soon I will write a love song to her, or an essay.



I made this at my memorial day shin dig and they were a little spicy so here is your warning! They are very delicious and couldn't be more simple, a perfect fourth of July recipe. Ginger and scallions would be an excellent addition to this. Here is the link to the tutorial by Ree aka PW. She has step by step pictures it's a two part post, and it's fabulous.



Firecracker Shrimp - Click here for Printable Recipe


Ingredients
1 lb Shrimp (16-20) - I bought deveined and peeled, so simple the way to go!
2 tablespoons Hot Chili Sauce (Sriracha) 
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1/4 teaspoon Salt 
2 teaspoons Sugar 
4 - 5 cloves Garlic, pressed


Instructions

Combine all ingredients, in a bowl - feel it out see what you think it needs nothing is set in stone with this.
Dump in a zip lock bag with shrimp stick in the fridge for 20 minutes - 2 hours. Soak wooden skewers for 30 minutes or more, so they wont burn on the grill. Skewer shrimp, I did 6 to a skewer. Make sure and oil the grill well, these stick pretty good if not. Grill until opaque, and brown with black bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails