Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Slop Slop Sloppy Joes--SLIDERS

I love sloppy joes, for one main reason...nostalgia!! They remind me of being a kid, a definitely guilty pleasure for me, sloppy joes and mac and cheese! This recipe is so easy but much better than the canned stuff. I decided to put a modern spin on these babies and make them sliders, which is cute and kid sized! Normally I would recommend Hawaiian Rolls for basically everything, but when I saw these specially made for sliders mini buns I couldn't resist.


Brown the meat with the onion and bell pepper, drain off the fat. Stir in the ketchup, garlic powder, ground mustard, and brown sugar. Mix, reduce heat and let simmer for 20-30 minutes.


 Spoon mixture into buns and top with good ol' American cheese. 





He loved them!! Connor approved!


Ingredients
1 lb Lean Ground Beef
1/4 -1/2 Onion diced
1/2 Bell Pepper diced
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
3/4 cup Ketchup
3 teaspoons Brown Sugar

Instructions
In a medium skillet brown beef with onion and bell pepper, over medium heat.
Drain liquids, stir in the remaining ingredients.
Reduce heat, and simmer for 20 -30 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.

1 comment:

  1. Connors adorable and has good taste! My mouth is watering. I also grew up eating sloppy joes. Love them. I think they would be great as a slider appetizer for my hubby's mancave get togethers with the guys. You have a lovely blog. I will be back!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails