Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Peach Cobbler

I found a cookbook my Nanny gave my mother when I was a baby, I love old church cookbooks. I am going to start trying out some of the old recipes in there, this is the first one I've tried so far and it is fabulous! I love southern food, and southern desserts especially.


Preheat oven to 350.
Place a stick of butter in an
oven safe casserole dish and 
put the dish in the oven for the butter to melt


Peel and slice peaches, place in a bowl and
pour 2T of lemon juice, stir to distribute


Then pour 1/2 cup of sugar, and microwave 1 minute to help melt the sugar


In a separate bowl add 1 cup self rising flour, 
1 cup sugar,  1/2 - 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and mix.
Then add one cup of milk until thoroughly mixed.


Remove the dish from the oven.
Pour in the batter, then pour in the peaches.
Sprinkle 1T sugar on the top. DO NOT STIR.
Bake for 55 minutes.



Be ready for your house to smell delicious.
If nothing else bake this before company
comes over solely for the aromas it gives off


Ingredients
1 1/2 cup Sugar (divided)
1 stick Butter
4 cups Peaches
1 cup Self Rising Flour
1 cup Milk
1/2-1 teaspoon Cinnamon
2 tablespoons Lemon Juice

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350.
In an oven safe dish place one stick of butter,
then put the dish in the oven while it is preheating.
Peel and slice 4 cups of a peaches, add
2T lemon juice and stir to distribute
Add 1/2 cup of sugar, microwave for 1 minute to help the sugar melt.
In a separate bowl add one cup of sugar, one cup of
self rising flour, and your cinnamon, stir until combined.
Add one cup of milk, mix thoroughly until combined.
 Remove the dish from the oven once the butter has melted.
Add the batter, then the peaches then sprinkle one tablespoon
of sugar over the top. NEVER STIR. Bake for 55 minutes.

Top with whipped cream, ice cream or both!!
However this is one of the first cobblers I've had
that tastes perfectly delicious without any extra adornments.



2 comments:

  1. Your peach cobbler looks great. I am a sucker for southern desserts as well, It is my weakness especially pies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails